DAYTRIP TO ÁVILA & SEGOVIA
Both cities have a great historical and architectural heritage. Two cities full of history and art reflected in its streets and monuments from different eras.
This is a highly recommended excursion where you can visit one or both historic cities with an impressive monumental heritage of Roman, medieval and Renaissance times.
Ávila hides behind its walls an entire city that retains its medieval charm full of monuments. The walls that are about 2516 meters long, with 87 towers and about 3 meters thick, are the best preserved of its time and together with the historic center of the city have been declared a World Heritage Site. This is a tour adapted to each group walking its streets, visiting its many Romanesque churches and Gothic palaces. Apart from its walls, Ávila has many civil monuments as the Plaza Mayor, its Town Hall and numerous Palaces, as well as religious monuments like its peculiar fortified Cathedral that had defensive functions, the Basilica of San Vicente from the twelfth century and the Convent – museum of Santa Teresa.
Segovia has an old town that, together with its aqueduct, was declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco. We will visit its main monuments starting with the Roman Aqueduct, 818 meters long, which is the most significant and best preserved monument of the Roman era in Spain, and it has become the symbol of the city.
We will continue our visit to the Cathedral, other monumental civil and religious beauties of Gothic and Romanesque style. Continue to the Alcazar that stands on a small hill where the rivers Eresma and Clamores converge. It was built in the shape of a ship’s bow over an ancient Roman fortification. It is an impressive Palace – Castle that has served as Royal residence and also as a military academy.
“Private tour available in more than 20 languages”
- Departure from Madrid in private bus to Ávila or Segovia.
- Visit of the chosen city, or both
- Lunch (optional)
- Continuation of the visit
- Return to Madrid
- 8 hours excursion to Segovia – 870 €
- 8 hours excursion to Ávila – 880 €
- 10 hours excursion to Ávila & Segovia – 1090€
- Private bus round trip from Madrid
- Official guide from Madrid
- Prices for a bus of maximum 55 seats,
- Buses with more than 55 seats – 10% supplement
- Minibus (25 seats) – 10% discount
- Van ( 7 seats) – 20% discount
- Tickets entrances to the Cathedral or any other monuments
- Audio receivers: For a good listening of the guide’s explanations it’s advisable to rent audio receivers, especially in large groups (€ 2 per person)
- Lunch: optional menus with characteristic food and local cuisine.