SIDE TRIP TO SAN LORENZO DEL ESCORIAL FROM MADRID
This trip will show you part of the most important history of Spain.
We will visit the Monastery of San Lorenzo del Escorial, declared a World Heritage Site, it’s the most representative monument of the Spanish Empire.
It was the headquarters and residence of King Philip II, the most powerful monarch in the world in the 16th century. This Palace – Monastery was a symbol of the Catholic counter-reformation and commemorates the Spanish victory in the battle of San Quentin. It also serves as Royal Pantheon.
“Private tour available in more than 20 languages”
- Departure from Madrid in private bus to San Lorenzo.
- Visit of the Monastery
- Lunch (optional)
- Return to Madrid
Valley of the Fallen visit. (+ 1:30 hour)
It’s a civil war memorial 7 kms. from the Monastery, built after the Spanish civil war (1936-1939) for the reconciliation of a divided Spain. It consists of a basilica carved into the rock and an impressive monumental cross 150 meters high.
Private bus round trip from Madrid to San Lorenzo del Escorial
- VISIT OF THE MONASTERY with guide from Madrid: € 490 – with guide in San Lorenzo del Escorial: € 440
- VISIT OF THE MONASTERY + VALLEY OF THE FALLEN with guide from Madrid: € 700 – with guide in San Lorenzo del Escorial: € 640
Prices for a bus of maximum 55 seats, VAT included. For a 67 seater bus there is a 10% increase in the prices indicated above
- Monastery entrance tickets
- Audio receivers: To listen to the explanations of the guide inside the monuments, it is mandatory to hire them if the group is larger than 9 people (1.20€ p.p)
- 2nd Guide: A second travel guide is required to enter the monuments if the group is over 30 people. Prices are: Visit of the Monastery: € 125 and visit of the Monastery + Valley of the Fallen: € 220
- Lunch: we offer a lunch menu in a characteristic old inn of the 18th century with local cuisine from € 14 p.p