SIDE TRIP TO SAN LORENZO DEL ESCORIAL
This trip will show you part of the most important history of Spain.
We will visit the Monastery of San Lorenzo del Escorial, declared a World Heritage Site, it’s the most representative monument of the Spanish Empire.
It was the headquarters and residence of King Philip II, the most powerful monarch in the world in the 16th century. This Palace – Monastery was a symbol of the Catholic counter-reformation and commemorates the Spanish victory in the battle of San Quentin. It also serves as Royal Pantheon.
“Private tour available in more than 20 languages”
- Departure from Madrid in private bus to San Lorenzo.
- Visit of the Monastery
- Lunch (optional)
- Return to Madrid
Valley of the Fallen visit. (+ 2 hours)
It’s a civil war memorial 7 kms. from the Monastery, built after the Spanish civil war (1936-1939) for the reconciliation of a divided Spain. It consists of a basilica carved into the rock and an impressive monumental cross 150 meters high.
Private bus round trip from Madrid to San Lorenzo del Escorial
Opt, 1) VISIT OF THE MONASTERY: (5 hours) 640€
Opt 2) VISIT OF THE MONASTERY + VALLEY OF THE FALLEN:(8 hours) 850€
- Prices for a bus of maximum 55 seats,
- Buses with more than 55 seats – 10% supplement
- Minibus (25 seats) – 10% discount
- Van ( 7 seats) – 20% discount
- Monastery entrance tickets
- Inside these two monuments: An extra guide is mandatory for groups larger than 30 people. The prices for the second guide are: Visit of the Monastery: 125 € and visit of the Monastery + Valley of the Fallen: 220€. Also audio receivers are mandatory inside; 2€ p.p.
- We offer lunch in an XVIII characteristic old inn, menus from 19€ p.p.
Vat included in all prices