TOLEDO DAY TRIP
Welcome to Toledo! It’s known as the Imperial City as it was the capital of Spain during the reign of Charles I, and has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Toledo is a walled city, built on a hill and bordered by the Tagus river that gives it a spectacular image
On this trip our guide will explain to us the impressive medieval architecture and its monuments. We like to say that Toledo is like an open-air museum, you will notice it in this stroll through its streets that evoke the Middle Ages when the city was known for the manufacturing of swords which sold all over the world.
We will do a sightseeing bus tour around the town and a guided walking tour through the streets visiting The Alcazar (Ancient Royal Palace), Old Hospital of Santa Cruz, Zocodover Square, the Cathedral, Town Hall Square, Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca, Church of Santo Tomé (Home of El Greco’s The Burial of the Count of Orgaz), Monastery of St. John of the Kings, Bridges of St. Martin and Alcantara .. all tours are designed to meet everyone’s needs with different entrance fees applying depending on the group.
“Private tour available in more than 20 languages”
- Departure by private bus from the hotel in Madrid and arrival to Toledo
- Guided tour of the city
- Lunch (optional)
- Return to Madrid
Route of Quijote (+ 4 hours 440€)
Continuation of the road from Toledo to Consuegra.
We will cross the Region of Castilla La Mancha, a territory loaded with history and that inspired Don Miguel de Cervantes to write in 1605 the most universal Spanish work of all time and translated practically all languages, El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de La Mancha (1605).
Castilla means land of Castles, this region played an important role during the Reconquista
Guided tour of the famous La Mancha mills and Consuegra’s Castle
Return to Madrid
- Round trip bus or car from Madrid to Toledo
- Official guide from Madrid and throughout the tour
- (8 hours trip – € 710) – (5 hours trip – € 610)
- Prices for a bus of maximum 55 seats, VAT included. For a 67 seater bus there is a 10% increase in the prices indicated above
- Tickets entrances to the Cathedral or any other monuments
- Audio receivers: For a good listening of the guide’s explanations it’s advisable to rent audio receivers, especially in large groups (€ 2 per person)
- Lunch: optional menus with characteristic local cuisine.